51 | May 5, 2019
Hosted by: Jeff Peterson, Alain León
Alain and Jeff interview Calvin Tran, director of the Amazon documentary “Rizqi Presents: Blockchain.” In today’s episode we discuss:
– A lot of people still think cryptocurrency and blockchain are the same thing (why haven’t people gotten this by now?)
– How blockchain can dramatically stimulate developing economies by creating secure systems for real estate and land titles
– How Blockstack, a blockchain name system to replace DNS, aims to create a decentralized internet
– How alternative social networks end up getting filled with trolls and worse
– It is uncertain how well decentralized companies will compete against centralized organizations due to different incentive structures
– Blockchain gives us an option to directly control our money, but due complexity, people will usually default to using 3rd party systems.
– Putting your genome on the blockchain
– How to publish a documentary on Amazon
Follow A Bit Cryptic Podcast: Twitter.com/keepitcryptic
We are a Civil newsroom as part of a new global community network of independent newsrooms. For more, visit —> https://civil.co/
If you like what you heard, please leave us a 5-star review and share the podcast!